Health & Safety
ASMS promote a culture of a zero incident behavioural based safety management system. It is the policy of the company to comply with all statutory and regulatory safety requirements. It is our belief that we can eliminate incidents and injuries. In pursuit of a safety management system generated specifically for Mechanical Services we adopted the internationally recognised Occupational Health and Safety Management system throughout all our activities. ASMS are Certified OHSAS 18001:2007
- Our Core Safety Management Principles to achieve zero incidents are:
- Identify, minimise and control health and safety risks.
- Conform to health and safety legislation.
- Performing specific risk assessment for individual tasks.
- Adoption of international best practice in relation to risk management
- Reduces accident and incident rates by reducing and eliminating workplace hazards
- Increase employee motivation through the provision of a safer workplace and participation process
- Promoting continual safety training and awareness
- Ensure health and wellbeing of employees, sub-contractors and the public.
It is the policy of the ASMS Group to implement environmental best practice with due regard to well-maintained equipment, disposal facilities, and meeting the needs of environmental agencies. The company are committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
The key points in the strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its fleet and the source of its power requirements.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its clients and suppliers.
- Source and promote a procurement range to minimise the environment impact on both production and distribution.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the company.
- Use an accredited programme of training for staff so that they clearly understand and implement the company mandate.